Thursday, August 11, 2011

Word Problem Tip: Contact Me for a Critique


Contact Me to Talk About Your Word Problems: In a perfect world, I would have time to write up a little note on every word problem I graded explaining any mistakes. In the world where I have 120 students in 4 different classes, this doesn't happen. One of the main reasons is that I know a lot of those explanations wouldn't be read. I am however extremely good at sitting down with students in the office/on the phone/over chat and explaining any mistakes. Consider it like a little down payment on my investment of time. I know if you take the time to schedule a time to talk with me about word problems, you are interested in improving i.e. my teaching time will not be wasted. I spend a lot of time cajoling students to get in contact in the class discussion. Those that do are never sorry. Acing word problems gets a lot easier. It is amazing what a little 10 to 15 minute conversation will do to your quiz/test scores.  

No comments:

Post a Comment